Haiti’s TPS Re-registration Deadline Extended to January 29, 2013
The U.S. government extended its deadline for beneficiaries to re-register for Temporary Protective Status. The TPS deadline to re-register is now Jan. 29, 2013. In October, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security extended Haiti’s TPS for another 18 months from Jan. 22, 2013 through July 22, 2014.
The original deadline to apply was Nov. 30, 2012. That deadline was extended as a result of the damage caused by Hurricane Sandy, which may have prevented some beneficiaries from meeting the original deadline.
Click here for the full Federal Register notice, dated Dec. 28, 2012, which outlines the deadline extension and provides the contact telephone number and mailing address for questions regarding the notice.
Click here for the full Federal Register notice on the extension of Haiti’s TPS, which provides iformation on:
- Who is eligible for TPS;
- How to re-register if you have TPS;
- When to begin filing TPS applications;
- How to request an Employment Authorization Document (EAD);
- Six-month automatic extension of current EADs;
- TPS fees and fee waiver procedures; and
- Other TPS-related information.
For more information contact:
Director, Student and Exchange Visitor Program
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
500 12th Street, SW, Washington, D.C. 20536-5600
(703) 603-3400 (This is not a toll-free number.)
Program information can be found at http://www.ice.gov/sevis