Embassy of Haiti
The Embassy of Haiti is seeking two interns to assist the Bureau for Community Affairs and the Culture and Education Section. The interns will both work to support the implementation of cultural events at the Embassy, and to contribute to outreach efforts with the Haitian community, friends of Haiti, and specialized groups. This internship is unpaid, but a small stipend to cover transportation costs will be offered.
Responsibilities for the internship include:
- Event planning: Contribute to the management and implementation of cultural and community events by reaching out to artists, community leaders and stakeholders, researching potential venues (when event not held at Embassy), researching potential partners, coordinating events logistics, attending events, and drafting events reports.
- Outreach: Develop and maintain databases of contacts at the Embassy; develop event information material; research and develop thematic information material (education, culture, arts, tourism).
- Logistics and administration: Participate in meetings and prepare meeting minutes; Provide logistical arrangements for meetings; compiling and maintaining files, provide administrative and programming support every time necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, cultural management, or related field of study required, Master’s level education preferred.
- Ability to work well within a team as well as independently. Must be detail-oriented and able to tackle several tasks within firm deadlines.
- Available 15 to 20 hours per week, including some evenings as needed. Availability for entire semester preferred.
- Must possess excellent writing skills and phone manners.
- Conversational written and verbal French, and verbal Haitian Creole preferred
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint required, Access and Publisher, as well as Macromedia Suite or other graphic design software preferred
- Passion for Haiti required.
- Cover letter
- Resume or CV
- Three references with email addresses and telephone numbers
- A two-page writing sample in English