Embassy of Haiti
The Embassy of the Republic of Haiti in Washington, D.C. is seeking two experienced communications interns. This internship is unpaid. A small transportation stipend can be provided.
Responsibilities for this internship include:
- Writing articles and updates for the Embassy website;
- Gathering information for press releases;
- Creating a press contact list and social media updates for the Embassy;
- Assisting in coordinating press conferences and preparing communications materials;
- Assisting in editing and proofreading documents prior to distribution;
- Assisting in revising existing website content; and
- Attending weekly Embassy events to write articles as well as upload photos and videos.
- Applicants should be a college senior or graduate student;
- Must have experience in social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook and YouTube;
- Must have experience writing news articles, feature articles and press releases;
- Must be available to work in the Embassy at least 15 to 20 hours per week, beginning mid-September. Some evenings will be required for special Embassy events;
- Must be able to work well independently and under direction;
- Must be detail-oriented and meet all deadlines;
- Must keep all Embassy information confidential until released to the public;
- Must have excellent written and verbal English communications skills, experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel required. Experience with design software a plus;
- Preference will be given to applicants who can speak, read and write in French and/or speak Haitian Creole; and
- A passion for Haiti required.
- Cover Letter
- Resume or CV
- Three references with email addresses and telephone numbers
- Three relevant journalism/online writing samples, such as published news articles (campus and trade publications qualify), press releases, website content, social media updates, newsletters etc.
Please submit your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis for winter, spring, summer and fall positions. Apply now!