Embassy of Haiti
ECONOMIC AND TRADE DIVISION INTERN
Background/General Description of Responsibilities
The Embassyof the Republic of Haiti in Washington, DC (the “Embassy”)is currently seeking an intern for the Economic and Trade Division. The intern’s duties and responsibilities will depend on the needs of the division. However, below is a general overview of the general types of activities that the intern is expected to perform:
- Assist Embassy with Business Diplomacy initiatives;
- Assist with preparation of investment guide;
- Draft and edit reports, briefing papers, plans, and press releases;
- When directed, prepare minutes following meetings;
- Conduct research on a broad range of matters;
- Undertake specific assignments aligned with the Embassy’s strategic priorities; and
- Provide day-to-day support to the activities of the Embassy.
- Completion of, or current enrollment in, a graduate degree program.
- Excellent written ability and attention to detail.
- Be well motivated, have good communication skills and be comfortable working independently.
- Strong command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of Creole or French is useful, but not required.
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample (no more than 5 pages)
- List of References
Please submit all applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.