Elected officials from around the nation were celebrated at the Embassy of Haiti Sept. 21, 2012. Members of the Diplomatic Corps joined the invitation-only celebration.
“It is our honor to welcome those who serve their communities,” said Ambassador Paul Altidor. “These elected officials represent the brilliance of Haiti that we hope the entire world can see.”
Honored guests included:
- Archange Antoine, member of the Roselle Board of Education in New Jersey;
- Rodneyse Bichotte, 42nd Assembly State Committeewoman/District Leader in Brooklyn;
- Mayor Joseph Champagne, Jr., of South Toms River, N.J.
- Mayor Noramie Jasmin, of Spring Valley, N.Y.;
- Judge Lionel Jean-Baptiste, a circuit court judge in Cook County, Ill.;
- Jean R. Marcellus, Councilman, North Miami, FL
- Jean Monestime, Miami-Dade County commissioner for District 2;
- Mayor Andre Pierre, of North Miami, Fla.
- Kwame Raoul, Illinois state senator;
- Carriè Solange, 3rd Legislative District, Nassau County, N.Y.;
- Marie Erlande Steril, North Miami Councilwoman; and
The event was one of many planned for the year to highlight accomplishments of Haitians. As the Embassy continues to engage in the community, it plans to host cultural and investment activities that encourage continued investment in Haiti.