Embassy of Haiti
Background/General Description of Responsibilities
The Embassy of the Republic of Haiti in Washington, DC (the “Embassy”) is currently seeking a legal intern. The intern’s duties and responsibilities will depend on the Embassy’s needs. However, below is a general overview of the general types of activities that the intern is expected to perform:
- Draft plan for Embassy’s proposed legal services program, which would include the establishment of a legal clinic to serve Haitians in the Washington, DC area;
- Review legal documents including service contracts and draft legal memoranda;
- Conduct research on a broad range of legal matters;
- Undertake specific assignments aligned with the Embassy’s strategic priorities; and
- Provide day-to-day support to the activities of the Embassy.
- JD or LLM Degree
- Excellent writing skills and experience undertaking legal research
- Be well motivated, have good communication skills and be comfortable working independently.
- Strong command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of Creole or French is useful, but not required.
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample (no more than 5 pages)
- List of References
Please submit all applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.