FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
February 4, 2014
President Michel Martelly to Meet with President Barack Obama & Attend National Prayer Breakfast This Week
As the U.S. kicks off its annual commemoration of Black History Month, the Embassy of Haiti today announced that President Michel Martelly will travel to the United States to meet with President Barack Obama and attend the National Prayer Breakfast. First Lady Sophia Martelly will accompany President Martelly during the visit.
On the heels of the 210th anniversary of Haiti’s independence, President Martelly will discuss his Administration’s efforts to expand economic opportunity and will encourage Americans to invest in Haiti.
- Capitol Hill Meeting with Congressional Black Caucus
- Speech at Howard University School of Business
Thursday, February 6:
- National Prayer Breakfast with Secretary of State John Kerry
- Official Meeting with President Barack Obama at White House
- Dinner at the Smithsonian Museum
About The Embassy
For more information, visit http://www.haiti.org