Embassy of Haiti
STRATEGY/POLITICAL AFFAIRS INTERN
Background/General Description of Responsibilities
The Embassy of the Republic of Haiti in Washington, DC (the “Embassy”) is currently seeking a legal intern. The intern’s duties and responsibilities will depend on the Embassy’s needs. However, below is a general overview of the general types of activities that the intern is expected to perform:
- Assist Embassy with dissemination of strategy paper
- Draft and edit reports, briefing papers, plans, and press releases;
- When directed, prepare minutes following meetings;
- Draft monitoring and monthly reports on activities;
- Conduct research on a broad range of matters;
- Undertake specific assignments aligned with the Embassy’s strategic priorities; and
- Provide day-to-day support to the activities of the Embassy.
- Completion of, or current enrollment in, a graduate degree program.
- Excellent written ability and attention to detail.
- Be well motivated, have good communication skills and be comfortable working independently.
- Strong command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of Creole or French is useful, but not required.
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample (no more than 5 pages)
- List of References
Please submit all applications to: email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.